Philosophy of Language and Mind
PLM is a network of philosophical centres, institutes, and departments in Europe.
The main purposes of PLM are
- To further philosophy of mind and language in Europe generally.
- To provide a platform for cooperation between members, primarily in research, but possibly also in research training. This involves e.g. making use of PLM for joint applications to funding organisations.
- every two years organizes a major mind and language conference, with invited and contributed talks, where most invited speakers will be from Europe. A selected number of speakers will be asked to contribute a paper in a following special issue of Synthèse. The first conference took place in Stockholm in September 2011. The second PLM conference will take place in September 2013 in Budapest, organized by the Philosophy Department at CEU.
- every two years organizes an internal workshop.
- endorses the Amsterdam Graduate Philosophy Conference.
PLM was established at meetings in Barcelona and Paris during the spring of 2010.